Download Android App


Alternate Blog View: Timeslide Sidebar Magazine

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Why Har ek friend jaroori hota hai - The new Airtel Advertisement

It is impossible to believe that any Indian would have missed watching this ad:


Catchy it is, pleasant to the ears, but soon due to its excessivity,  like the flood gates have been opened, it starts hurting your ears. I fear watching television these days, for I do not know when this megaton bomb would be dropped. My hand automatically reaches for the mute button on the remote to spare my brain of this incessant pain.

It looks like Airtel has made it the national anthem of India and it won't spare any Indian till each one of us has learned the lyrics by heart.

Chai Ke Liye Jaise Toast Hota Hai
Vaise Har Ek Friend Zaroori Hota Hai
Yeh sun sun ke bheja roast hota hai
Har Ek Friend Zaroori Hota Hai

With the success of Facebook, I think the song will be next picked up by them to promote the social networking website. "Facebook...Kyonki har ek friend zaroori hota hai!"

No wonder Airtel is soon going to increase the mobile phone tariff by 20% soon. I guess it is time for them to pay the broadcasters.

Till this ad goes off air, I have decided to watch my TV in mute :)

You may also like this article on my blog: The new Sony Vaio Ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment